Ok, so you wouldn’t want to eat this recipe (although if your toddler is anything like mine they might try!) but for this time of year its great for homemade Christmas tree decorations. Salt Dough is super easy so you can really get the kids involved…and what’s better than a few homemade tree decorations?!
1 Cup of Salt
2 Cups of Plain Flour
3/4 Cup of cold water
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet/tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the salt and flour.
- Gradually stir in the water and mix well.
- Turn the dough out onto a table and kneed until smooth.
- Roll flat (to about the width of a pound coin) and cut with cookie cutters of your choice. We used stars and Christmas trees.
- If you want to hang these on your tree don’t forget to make a small hole in the top (a pencil is great for this!) before baking
- Place your creations on the tray and bake for 30-40 minutes. They are done when they are hard.
- Leave to cool.
- Leave plain, Paint with acrylic paint, cover with PVA glue and glitter, tie with string or pretty ribbon and adorn your tree!
Happy Baking. DO NOT EAT.
Big December Love.